Monday, November 30, 2009

Early Christmas Present!!



Well...you never know what a day will bring! After all my dread leading up to today, I woke up with perfect peace. I know that is a result of your prayers. We went to the oncologist today expecting to begin treatment number five. Unfortunately my platelet count was too low and I was unable to receive the treatment. I don't like having to postpone treatments, but I feel like I got a reprieve this week - one more week to feel good!


And then the oncologist gave me the best early Christmas present ever!! He told us that we will be doing eight treatments and not twelve! Current research is showing that in cases like mine eight treatments are effective. That means I am now halfway done with chemotherapy!! I am so happy I can hardly stand it!! If I stay on schedule then I should finish by late January or early February! 


They are also planning to give me lots of IV fluids with the next treatment, and to set up home health for me so that I can give myself IV fluids in between treatments. This will keep me from becoming dehydrated like last time which will make Mark and I both feel better! As rough as the last treatment was for me, it was even harder for Mark to watch!


God is for me!



Update on Bruce:


Many of you have been praying for my friend, Bruce, as he has been fighting colon cancer. Tomorrow he will receive his last chemotherapy treatment. He is CANCER FREE!! What a great and mighty God we serve! Thank you so much for praying for Bruce and his family! Please continue to pray for strength and endurance this week as he receives this 12th treatment. It won't be fun, but then he will be done!! 


God is for Bruce!




5 comments:

  1. I am so happy to hear this!! God is definitely for the both of you!! It was so sweet saying prayers with my children tonight and hearing Andre add that "Lord, we lift up Miss Laura and Mr. Bruce to you and make them better". We will continue to pray! love you!!

    PS, your tree is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooooooooo happy for you Laura (and Mark)....have a great week!! Beautiful tree! Hope David is
    feeling better...Luv ya,
    Vickie D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!! YAY!!!!! YAY!!!!!

    I am super excited for you!!! God is so good! And I know how much you worry about Mark as he watches you fight this battle...but he wants to be there for you to lean on! Just remind him that he has you guys COF family when he needs to be lifted up too!! GOD has got both of you in the palm of his hand!!! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doing a little praise dance for you here in Spring! PRAISE THE LORD, PRAISE THE LORD, PRAISE THE LORD!!! God is good and we thank HIM for this early Christmas gift to you!

    To God be the glory,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Happy Happy Happy !!!!!!!

    As Rebecca says: To God be the Glory!!!!

    ReplyDelete