Monday, November 9, 2009

View from the Exam Table

I had a check-up with the surgeon today. A fun time was had by all! Can you hear the sarcasm? Thankfully, everything is healing as expected. 


Mark and I walked out of the office building and suddenly I was  sobbing. I felt like my body could just dissolve in a heap! I realized that I had kept myself steeled for the past week through chemotherapy, side effects, Friday's luncheon, helping Mark prepare for the weekend, and my appointment today. Finally, the tension let go and I was a mess! We stopped to pick up lunch at Which Wich (If you haven't been there, you need to go! Delicious!) After we got home Mark collapsed on the couch and slept soundly for a couple of hours. I think he was feeling the same things I was. 


Here are a few pictures of the View from the Exam Table:



The reclining patient.


The artwork.


The faithful husband... waiting... again.


The doctor's headgear for peering into unseen worlds.


The doctor's gloves. 
Why he needs "diamond grip" gloves, I don't want to know. 
Don't even ask about the rubber tubes. Trust me.


Medical instruments of torture.


Reward for surviving the surgical check-up!


6 comments:

  1. It's O.K. Laura to just let go sometimes, YOU don't have to be strong all the time, just let go and give it ALL to the Lord. He will ALWAYS be there for you and you are right, it's GREAT to have your HONEY MARK to be there ALWAYS for you. How WONDERFUL is that? Now you can just look forward to a couple of weeks to get over all this. We know there will be another time BUT now is what important, RIGHT?
    Where is that GREAT sandwich place?
    LOVE YOU ALWAYS,
    XOXO Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. As horrible as the view could have been from the exam table, you choose to find the humor. You are amazing, even when you feel like dissolving in a heap. One more day closer to being done with all this cancer craziness.
    Love you,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am cringing at the instruments of torture.... horror.

    ....and the gripping gloves.... oh my gosh...

    Can I give you a hug!!!!!!!!! ((((HUG))))) !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just keep your eyes straight ahead for the day you will see the purpose for all your pain.For I don't believe God allows His children to go through trials without a purpose.There is a treasure at the end of your trial.
    Love you Laura!

    Linda Knight

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for you Laura. Your perseverance is such an encouragement in how God is able to empower us when we are fully trusting in Him! Also, Which Which is delicious!

    ReplyDelete