Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!

I was trying to think of something profound to say about Thanksgiving or gratefulness. But I don't have anything. All I know is that I am grateful to be alive. I am grateful for the sounds of laughter in my house. I am grateful for the scent of pies cooking in the kitchen. I am grateful for books scattered on the kitchen table. I am grateful for my husband and my children. I am grateful for my family. I am grateful for the love that has been showered on us this year. I am grateful for amazing, compassionate doctors and nurses. I am grateful for my faithful friends. I am grateful for my church. I am grateful for the chance to see the Body of Christ in action. I am grateful for all the things I am learning. 


More than anything, I am grateful to be a daughter of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. I am grateful that He knows me and He loves me completely. I am grateful that He never leaves me. I am grateful that when I am weak, He is strong. There is no other God above Him and I will serve Him and praise Him forever.


"Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on the earth below. There is no other." Deuteronomy 4:39



"Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and strength belong to our God forever and ever! Amen.” Revelation 7:12


The cooks



The feast!


Family


A game of kitchen basketball


Sweet friends!


More family





2 comments:

  1. Hi Laura,

    I am SOOO glad that you had a great Thanksgiving surround by friends and family. Pastor Shook looks soo good. We really miss his sermons.

    We hosted one of my "adopted" Cole's Foundation families. We had become friends over the internet, but we FINALLY got to meet them when Hannah Grace, 4, recently relapsed. She is being treated at MDA-Proton. God has blessed us with their friendship.

    I pray that your week will better and that the nausea meds are more effective.

    "For I will restore health to you and heal you of your wounds," says the Lord. (Jeremiah 30:17)

    Love ya!!
    C.O.L.E.'s Foundation
    (Caring Openly, Loving Eternally)
    www.colesfoundation.com
    Email: sandy@colesfoundation.com
    24/7 Prayer Line 888-365-COLE (2653)

    Sandy Daron

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely!!!! I love the pictures and the feast looks fantastic! I must say what a lovely family you have. :-)

    Love love love love, Libby

    ReplyDelete