In thinking about the goal of Inspire Women, to "invest in women who change the world", it made me look back at my life at those who have inspired me. Here are a few of those who have invested in my life:
- My Grandmother - If you follow my blog, you've already read about my Grandmother and her legacy in my life.
- My Parents - My parents have always encouraged me to pursue my dreams. They believe in me.
- Mrs. Leon - Mrs. Leon was my high school Spanish teacher. She was an amazing teacher and she instilled in me a love of the Spanish language and latin culture.
- Art and Mary - These two were the student pastors at my church when I was in high school. They didn't have great training, skills, or experience, but they made up for it with their compassion and their unconditional acceptance of everyone they came into contact with. Their example made an impact on me.
- Mark - For 26 years Mark has been pointing me to Jesus and encouraging me to live a life of complete devotion to Him. He is honest with me, he always encourages me, and he believes in me.
- My kids - My kids have always inspired me to dig deeper, to learn more, to try harder, and to be better. They don't even know they do it!
Webster's defines the word "inspire" in the following way: to influence, move, or guide by divine or supernatural inspiration.
Who are those people in your life who inspire you and make you better? Take time to let them know!
I finished round three of chemo today. I have the usual expected side effects - nausea, diarrhea, hand and leg cramping, cold-sensitive mouth and throat, tingling lips, twitching eyes, hiccups, fatigue, and aching bones. The good news is that I know it is only a matter of a few days and then I will be feeling much better! And the even better news is that I am now officially 1/4 of the way finished with my chemotherapy treatments! Thank you for your faithful prayers on my behalf!