Monday, November 2, 2009

Chemo Round 3

My total white blood count today was 3.8 and my neutrophils were at 7.0! So, today began round 3 of chemotherapy. I am physically wiped out. Please pray for minimal side effects, especially the following: nausea, fatigue, diarrhea, peripheral neurophathy, and muscle cramps in my hands and legs. The cramps are due to the chemo's effect on my electrolytes. It is not painful, but it is weird. I have a hard time controlling my fingers. So, if there are typos in this post, you'll know why!

I appreciate you all praying. If I don't post anything the next couple of days just know that I am sleeping and recovering. I am so thankful for your love and support every day!

5 comments:

  1. The prayers for the above are a done deal, but I wanted to make sure I let you know that not only did you look awesome on Sunday, but your hair looked as beautiful as any other time I have ever seen you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending prayers and thoughts your way. Rest, relax and know that there are many people praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doing good, hanging strong! God is holding you near.

    Do nothing but rest. Its extremely important.

    Bear Hug !!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet Laura, I don't know how to encourage you except to say you are beautiful inside and out!! This blog is so important to others in a hard situation. You are making a joyful noise unto the Lord. I am praying for you and makr and your kids daily. I know you appreciate the kid prayers. I love you, Marilyn Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Laura,
    I am praying for you! Sorry for the side effects you are experiencing, but thanking God you are able to begin Round 3. I am praying for minimal side effects and that you get some rest these next few days!!!! You are strong and courageous!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete