Wednesday, June 3, 2009

A Symphony of Prayer

One of the most amazing things has been to watch the Body of Christ in action!  So many people are praying for me around the globe that God is probably tired of hearing about me!  : )  Thousands of people have heard my name or read my story in the past week.  New friends, old friends, and people I've never met are praying for me.  Adults are praying for me, students are praying for me, children are praying for me.  How amazing is that?!  Tens of thousands of people are praying for me.  Wow!  Thank you, God, for the way you designed your body, the church, to work!  

So far, I know that I am being prayed for in Australia, Korea, London, Afghanistan, Burundi, Venezuela, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Haiti, Mexico, Canada, and the United States.  A constant intercession on my behalf!  Don't you know that God is going to do incredible things in answer to your prayers!  I am humbled by your kindness and grateful for your faithfulness.  Thank you for being a part of the symphony!

I read this verse today:  "I created you and have cared for you since before you were born.  I will be your God throughout your lifetime - until your hair is white with age.  I made you, and I will care for your.  I will carry you along and save you."  Isaiah 46:3b-4

14 comments:

  1. That's amazing that so many people are praying for you in so many places!

    -Anthony J

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOD IS AWESOME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cool! Glad God is multi-ligual. (hope i spelled that right)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark said that the dream was that the sun would never set on COF, and because of COF and that vision, you indeed have that manifesting right now.

    A verse for you for today:

    We now have this light shining in our hearts, but we ourselves are like fragile clay jars containing this great treasure. This makes it clear that our great power is from God, not from ourselves. We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed.
    2 Corinthians 4:7-9

    You will be in my prayers again today, Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  5. how wonderfully awesome! Keeping you and the fam in our prayers!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking and praying for you again this morning. I love you, sweet Laura. "...The Lord is my helper, so I will have no fear..." Hebrews 13:6
    Marilyn Lewis

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prophetically true now this 24/7 battle!! I picture that scene from Bruce Almighty where Jim Carey is literally deafened by all the prayers coming up from the world! That's how it is now only there is a resounding "Laura Shook" echoing throughout!! In many languages and dialects, amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I woke up this morning to your song from service this weekend (The Stand). Not on the radio... just in my head. I normally go to bed every night saying my prayers, and I have to finish them when I wake up because I always fall asleep.... I just call it my pause while I get my thoughts in order.

    This is the first time I ever woke up to music like that, absolutely crystal clear. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the entire shook family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Healer of all things. We trust no other name but You, always You! Keeper of history. Glorious Mystery. We trust no other name, our Hope is in YOU...You are Able.

    You are able, higher is our God, with anything that comes our way, come what may, You alone forever stay, you're able! YOU are able! -- "You Are Able" by Christy Nockels

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can add Sudan, Ireland and Germany to your list of countries praying. Our family and friends will continue to call your name in prayer. You are an amazing lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey mom! praying for you today, and i get to see you tomorrow!! you should wait up for me :))
    also, me and petrey made a travel blog so you can see what we are doing each day while we are gone! :)
    love you I.K.
    sarah

    ReplyDelete
  12. Laura,

    Count me in on those prayers. You and your family have continued to be in my thoughts and prayers since last week. Love to you and your family,

    Mike, Gwen, Hope, Cayman, and Gracie Shepherd from COF

    ReplyDelete
  13. Please add India to your list of countries. Hoping all goes well with the Radiation and Chemo. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

    The Brashear Family (Mumbai)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Where do we sign up for a time?

    ReplyDelete