I only have 5 more days of chemo and radiation!! I finish my treatments next Thursday, July 16th. I am so excited, I feel like it is Christmas! I am counting the days!!
I was sitting on the couch this afternoon (as usual) going through the mail. I opened and began to read a card from a sweet lady in our church. For some reason, the kindness and love expressed in this card just really touched me today and I started to cry. I started thinking of the overwhelming love and kindness that has been demonstrated to me, to Mark, to my children, and to my parents and family during the past six weeks... and again it seemed like Christmas!
So many gifts under the tree... God's love lived out every time we turn around.
When my children were little one of my goals was to teach them to see God and to recognize His goodness and love all around them. We used to enjoy taking walks and collecting things - rocks, flowers, sticks, bugs, leaves. With each new treasure I would try to find a way to point them to God. "Isn't it amazing all the leaves that God made on that tree." or "God must be really strong to make a rock that big!" or "Wow! God is so creative to make so many different kinds of butterflies."
And today, I decided to do the same thing on my walk through cancer. "Wow! God is so good! Isn't it amazing..."
* I have had no nausea at all
* I have had no migraine headaches through this whole treatment. I always get migraines when I am physically and emotionally exhausted, but I haven't had any!
* All my blood work has remained good during treatment
* I have not had Hand Foot syndrome which is a common side effect of my chemo drug
* I still have a good appetite and have lost very little weight
* I have kept my sense of humor
* I have had no need for pain medication
* My fatigue has been manageable
* And, I was able to go get a manicure and pedicure without excusing myself to run to the bathroom!
What special gifts from God - Christmas in July!
There is a song by 33 Miles called "There is a God" and I love the lyrics:
There's a beauty to the dawn, a rhythm to the rain
A silence in the soul that I just can't explain
There's a breath of life I breathe, a beating in my heart
A magnificence, a scary sense of what lies past the stars
Beyond what we can see behind the mystery
I know that it could only be
There is a God; this is the proof
That all around the evidence is speaking the truth
From the center of my soul to the edge of the universe
Creation is crying out believe it or not
There is a God
I've never been so sure of anything before, there is a God! Thank you for being a part of God's love toward us. Thank you for being a part of Christmas in July!