Thursday, January 14, 2010

Live Today

My Mom and Dad occasionally send me "words of wisdom" that they have heard or read somewhere. This is one of those pieces of advice:


Live Today
There are two days in every week which should be kept free from fear and apprehension. One is yesterday with its mistakes, its faults and blunders. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control. We cannot undo a single act we performed; we cannot erase a single word we said. Yesterday is gone. The other is tomorrow with its large promises and poor performance. Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control. Tomorrow's sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds - but it will rise. Until it does we have no stake in tomorrow, for it is as yet unborn. This leaves only one day - today. Any man can fight the battles of just one day. It is only when you and I add the burdens of those two awful eternities - yesterday and tomorrow - that we break down. Let us therefore, live but one day at a time. - Author unknown


Good advice for all of us I think. Thanks Mom and Dad! 


Good News!!!!!!  Stacey, who many of you have been praying for, was accepted into the clinical study. This study allows only 420 participants from all over the US! She will start with the PARP Inhibitor beginning Friday at 9:00 am! Thank you for praying and please continue to pray for God's miracle of healing in her life.



Stacey and Family

2 comments:

  1. Laura,
    My dad always said "yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is promised to nobody, so live for today because that is the only guarantee we have". Parents are so wise some times :) I hope my son says the same thing about me some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful advice, wonderful passage. Easier said and read than sometimes done. :) I mope around sometimes about my failures of yesterday and I fret about the tomorrows even though I know better. :)

    I am excited and hopeful for Stacey!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete