Monday, April 19, 2010

New Routines

Thanks to everyone who has been checking on me! I haven't written on my blog since Thursday, and some of you were concerned. Don't worry! I am doing well, just had a busy weekend. Which is good news... I felt well enough to attend all four services at Community of Faith this weekend!


I had an appointment with the surgeon last Friday. He removed my stitches. I shared with him my bathroom adventures from the previous ten days. He says that everything is on schedule and that it will take 2-3 months for things to establish a new "normal" routine. The nerves in the section of my colon that were reattached are learning their new job, and that takes a little bit of time.


Having said all that, I am happy to report that it seems for now things have already settled into a "normal" routine. I know there may be some more non-routine days in the weeks ahead, but I think for the most part my intestines have adjusted quite well! 


I am able to eat a regular diet now, although it needs to be high in fiber. I can drive! Yay! And swim! Yay! But still no lifting or working out at the gym because of the risk of hernia at the surgical site. 


I don't have to go back to see the surgeon for another month. What will I do with all my free time now??


Oh yeah...

  • organize and file away 3000+ insurance forms, receipts, lab reports, and medical forms
  • clean off the piles covering all the surfaces in my house - kitchen counters, bedroom dresser, bathroom counters, coffee table...
  • finalize plans for four COF mission groups traveling to Burundi, Mexico, and Costa Rica this summer
  • make plans to move Ashley out of the dorm, and to move Sarah to her new apartment in Tulsa next month
  • clean out my office and file 11 months worth of "stuff"
Can I go back to the doctor instead??

2 comments:

  1. Life is moving forward! :) You sound great, I'm sure you look great and sunshine is ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete