Thursday, April 8, 2010

Movement...

When I worked as a nurse I worked mostly with elderly people. One of the daily topics of conversation was their bowel habits. I always thought it was funny this fascination with constipation, regularity, etc. And I thought it was especially funny that they always wanted to discuss it.

Well, now I totally understand! I have become an elderly person in that respect! LOL! Now, I know this is more information than you ever wanted to know, and it probably shouldn't be published on the world wide web, but here goes...

I had a bowel movement this morning! Yes! My colon is awake and functioning after two surgeries, radiation, chemotherapy and eight months of rest. Isn't that amazing? Our bodies are "beautifully and wonderfully made" just like Scripture tells us!

I had my first regular meal last night. I don't think I'll ever eat jello again!

The surgeon just came by to see me and he said I can go home today! Humpty Dumpty is back together again!!

Thank you so much for praying. Mark says your prayers started a movement! Sorry - I had to say it! Please continue to pray for complete healing as I recuperate at home.

11 comments:

  1. I have been following your blog since last May and this is by far - the best (and funniest) one I have read! Love it! YAY Healthy BM's! :-)
    -Kelly M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea!!! Glad you are "movin and a grovin"!
    Paula P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hip, hip, hooray! We took picture of our little Noah's first movement after his take down surgery! It is definitely something to celebrate! So glad you are going home. Still praying for a quick recovery and praising God for all these answered prayers! He is so good! Lots of love! Mari & Gang

    ReplyDelete
  4. As our little brother would say... "You made a 'BIG!'" :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. In this case, God did not move in mysterious ways...just in the way He designed!! Praise the Lord!

    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  6. I weep for Joy as I read this! You will never know what you have done by writing this blog. I just pointed this blog out to a new cancer victim-same type as yours. He does not know Jesus and is desperate for answers right now. He will get more answers than he expected!!!!! Pray that he will read your blog. I don't know his name right now. GOD IS GOOD!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. In honor of your accomplishment, did they play Beethoven's Fifth 'Movement'? HaHaHa!

    In all seriousness, I am so thankful that you are now on the other side of this journey and that you can concentrate on getting your life back. Your authenticity along this journey has been admirable and inspiring...at times heart-breaking and at other times hysterically funny. Thank you for being you! Happy Healing, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOOHOO for the BM!!! That is too funny but awesome at the same time!! God has hand his hand guiding you and the doctors and everyone involved throughout this whole process and he is GOOD!!! We love you so very much and are so glad you are at home!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Never thought I'd be so happy to hear my friend went potty! So glad we can all laugh at this part of the healing! Love you and prayers still coming!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations !!!!!!!! I think this calls for a celebration !!!! You probably should of gotten a picture... I mean seriously. This is definitely just the best news. There has been a movement alright... !!!! A Biggie and an even Biggier! God is fun!!!! I'm tellin ya right now...this is all history, its behind you... gone, poof, over. Go play!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is funny and fantastic! So glad you are back home and doing well!

    ReplyDelete