I also went to church this weekend! It was so nice to be around all my COF family, to see your smiles and get your hugs! That is always an encouragement to me! I can tell my stomach muscles are healing because I could actually sing all the songs without losing my breath! Of course I came home and took a two hour nap afterward, but that is pretty normal for a Sunday!
One of the things that Lance mentioned in his message this weekend, and something that we talk about all the time at COF is the idea of making God the "boss of your life." I started thinking about that today in relation to my life right now...
What does it mean for someone to be the "boss"?
- The boss sets the values of the company
- The boss sets the goals of the company
- The boss sets the time tables for the company
- The boss decides what will be produced by the company
- The boss manages, educates, encourages, and evaluates
- The boss leads
- The boss is ultimately responsible for the outcome
And if I'm not the boss, what do I do?
- I make those values my values
- I strive to meet the goals
- I follow the boss's time schedule
- I learn, I grow, I listen, I change
- I follow
- I rest in the fact that I am not the boss
And I think that's what God wants me to remember right now. He IS the boss. He is ultimately responsible for the outcome. All I have to do is learn, grow, listen, change, follow, and REST. He doesn't need me to be in control. I can rest in the fact that He is the boss; and in so doing, I am free to enjoy the beauty of each day, the beauty of each moment. Like five moments on the elliptical machine, the ducks in the lake, the beautiful sunset, and walking hand in hand with my sweet husband!