- Stay up until 1:00 a.m. (I thought Ashley just went to college not me!!)
- Sleep until 9:00 a.m. (Wow, when was the last time I did that?)
- Stay in my pajamas until noon (Because I can)
- Eat jello for breakfast... (Reality comes crashing through!)
Oh yeah, I'm having surgery tomorrow! The empty nest will have to wait.
I am happy to report that I survived the colon prep ordeal again! Thankfully, I only had to drink half a gallon this time! Now, I am just praying that I survive the imposed fast until surgery at 1:00 tomorrow afternoon!
My dad always taught me that "prior planning prevents poor performance." I've done everything I can to prepare for this surgery. I've packed my bag and I'm ready to go. The only thing left to do on my list is this:
263. Ask my blog friends to pray for me.
This is where you come in! Just as you have been carrying me through this whole adventure from day one, I am asking you to please carry me through surgery tomorrow at 1:00 p.m. Here are my specific request.
- Please pray for successful surgery and the removal of any remaining cancer cells
- Please pray for no complications during or after surgery
- Please pray for quick healing of the surgery sites and no infections
- Please pray that my intestines will "wake up" quickly after anesthesia and surgery
- Please pray that I will learn and adapt quickly to the ileostomy
- Please pray that God's peace will surround my family
- Please pray that God will work through my surgeon, Dr. Cali, and his team
My daughter, Sarah, will update my blog tomorrow afternoon, sometime, so you will know how everything went. Surgery is expected to last 2-4 hours, and I will be in the hospital for 5-7 days. I'll be back to the blog as soon as I feel up to it.
Thank you so much for your faithfulness to pray for me!
"The LORD said, " I will go with you and give you peace." Exodus 33:14