I do! And that is good news! My intestines have already come back to life after anesthesia and being surgically resected! So, this morning we went out to Alicia's and got chilaquiles with rice and beans for breakfast...Oh wait, that was just a dream! LOL! But I did get a full liquid diet for all three meals today. Pudding and potato soup never tasted so good! I even had hunger pangs this afternoon!
The lab technician was here at 5:00 am, the doctor was here at 6:30 am, I had breakfast at 7:30 a.m. and met my new drill sargeant at 8:00 a.m. Her name is Coretha and she was awesome! She had me up and in the shower by 9:00 am and walking the hallways at 10:30. She told me that I would have to get up and walk every two hours, and she was going to make sure I did it. She told me that I would thank her next week!
The night was short, and the day has been long. My muscles are sore, my back aches, but I am so grateful for all that God has already done!
- The ileostomy is functioning well
- I have had NO nausea!
- The drain is working well will less and clearer drainage
- My kidneys are working in high gear
- My lungs are clear
- The morphine pump works well!
- My room looks and smells like a florist shop!
- My kids, my husband, and my parents have relaxed!