Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Great Adventure

Radiation Recovery Update: 
  • Fatigue is a tricky thing. One day you feel fine. The next day fatigue hits with full force. Makes it kind of hard to plan anything! 
  • Dry, dry, dry skin
  • My digestive system still won't let me eat everything I want to eat - chicken anyone?
I spent the day today working on insurance stuff, medical insurance and travel insurance; making sure all my claims are paid, and that we get reimbursed for the tickets to Africa that we weren't able to use this summer. Fun stuff!

As I was working on these things I was thinking that so much of what we have experienced in the last two and a half months has been new for us, it's kind of like a big adventure.  Granted, not the kind of adventure that you would want to be on or choose to take, but an adventure nonetheless. 

Those thoughts brought to mind an old Steven Curtis Chapman song, "The Great Adventure". When Mark and the kids and I left to go live in Mexico City in 1994, this was our theme song! We were heading out on God's great adventure. The chorus says this:

"Saddle up your horses we've got a trail to blaze
Through the wild blue yonder of God's amazing grace
Let's follow our leader into the glorious unknown
This is a life like no other - this is The Great Adventure"


As I think about my life today I realize that I am still on the Great Adventure! How exciting is that?!! I will continue to experience God's amazing grace as I continue to follow Him into the unknown world of cancer treatment and recovery. This IS "a life like no other" and I love it!

4 comments:

  1. i remember that church service at CFBC when you guys were being "sent out". that was such an inspirational time. what a great way to look at your life as you know it right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura:
    Interesting that you mentioned that song because ever since hearing of your cancer I have thought about that particular song and your family. I remember well Mark sharing that song with us at CFBC when you guys left for Mexico. You/we/all of us are truly on an adventure daily. If only we could always see those adventures as children do...fun, exciting, and thrilling as we wait hopefully and expectantly to see what the Lord is up to.

    Blessings,
    Rebecca Patterson

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember that service too! There is nothing I can add to the other comments! Praying for you always!
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete