Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rockin' A Ranch

I am sitting in beautiful Silverthorne, Colorado at the Rockin' A Ranch.  I am doing nothing, and it couldn't be more pleasant! I have been fishing, watched deer walking to the water, stalked beaver in the lake, and been overwhelmed by the gorgeous flowers and scenery; and by the perfect weather!  Mark and I are enjoying some time alone, and time with family and friends. 


How strange to think that a year ago I was laying in a hospital bed recovering from the first of three surgeries, consistently pushing the button on the morphine pump, and trying to learn how to care for my new ileostomy. A lot can  happen in a year!  


Here are some words from my journal on the anniversary of my surgery:


"Today is the one year anniversary of my first surgery - the removal of "Bob" the tumor, 11 lymph nodes, and the formation of my ileostomy. What a difference a year makes! Since then, I have been through 6 months of chemo, 8 months of life with an ileostomy, so many struggles, lessons, tears, dreams and hopes. So many new friends, so many friends lost. And now I have no evidence of disease! Today I sat by the lake at the Rockin' A Ranch in awe of the beauty, in awe of the fact that I'm alive. In awe of You! Thank you. I have had the most amazing, fun life. I have been loved by my family, by my husband, by my children, by so many friends, by my church. It's enough - so whatever your plan is, it's OK. I'm going all the way with You. I could never ask for more. You are all I need. I am yours."


"Taste and see that the Lord is good..."
Psalm 34:8

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for reminding me....

    To God be all the glory!
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bye Bye Bob!!! I am so thankful!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!!!
    love this update the most of all.
    enjoy colorado. there is nothing like it.

    ReplyDelete