Saturday, February 13, 2010

His Grace is Sufficient

Today I had the great privilege to speak at Stacey's memorial service. It was a beautiful service and a very loving tribute to someone who had an impact on so many people. 


As I was thinking this week about what I would say to honor Stacey today I read through Hebrews chapter 11, looking through the list of those the Bible names as heroes of the faith, those whose faith enabled them to accomplish all that God had in mind for them.


Verse 27 says this:

"It was by faith that Moses… was not afraid... He held to his purpose like a man who could see the invisible."

And I thought to myself, that’s the same faith that Stacey had. Through all she endured, she held to her purpose, kept her eyes fixed on Jesus, trusting Him even when she could not see. The hope she had in Jesus is the same hope she wants us all to know. Stacey was a hero of the faith.

I also read back through some of Stacey’s journal entries this week, rejoicing in her victories and reflecting on God’s goodness to her through the journey, and I read the following words. I felt like Stacey wrote them for us today. Here is what she said:

“I am at peace. I know God is able!  I take great delight being in His presence and trusting Him with my life."

"Take a deep breath, hold on tight to the hands of those who love you, and take one day at a time. God is so faithful!  His grace is sufficient in our weakness…”

Even in her absence she continues to encourage us!

I am so thankful that God brought Stacey and me together as cancer warriors on this journey. I am proud to call her my friend. She has been an amazing source of inspiration and strength for me, and I’m sure for all who knew her. I look forward to the day I will see her again and we will celebrate God’s goodness and faithfulness together. 



2 comments:

  1. It would of been an honor and a privilege to know her.

    Rest yourself up now okay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you tonight and praying for your journey this week.

    ReplyDelete