Monday, December 28, 2009

Just so you know

Thank you to everyone who prayed for my platelet count to come up! All my blood levels were good today so we started round 6! I am home now and resting until I go back tomorrow morning for day 2. Everyone asks how I am feeling. I feel like I've had toxic chemicals pumped into my body! I feel like I am sick all over, and I am very tired; but thankfully I am not having any of the weird side effects related to electrolyte imbalance! 


My girls were catching up on my blog yesterday and were not happy about the recent melancholy posts. So, this is for you girls!


Dear Ashley, Sarah, David, and Sydneyann,
Sorry for the recent melancholy posts, but you know how I am. It's in the genes! I just wanted to let you know that I plan to live to be 84! (Why 84? I don't know!) We will share so many Thanksgiving turkeys (and tofurkeys!) together, and years of Christmas cookie making. I plan to be at Ashley's graduation shouting just as loudly as I did at David and Sarah's graduation (and would have at Sydneyann's if it hadn't been cancelled by the ice storm!). I will be there when you walk down the aisle and marry the man of your dreams, and I will be holding your hand (if you want me to) as you labor and give birth to my grandchildren. We will continue to travel the world, making memories, learning new things, and sharing the love of Christ along the way. I will text you random thoughts, and send you Halloween treat boxes. We will dream dreams, share secrets, dry each other's tears, and make crazy videos. I will be your biggest cheer leader, celebrating your every success! I will pray for you every day. I am so thankful for the gift of being your mother. I am cancer-free and plan to stay that way!! Just so you know.
Love,
mom
XOXOXOXO
i.k.

8 comments:

  1. AMEN TO THE CANCER FREE AND AMEN TO LIVING UNTIL 84!
    Love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. "When I get older, losing my hair, many year's from now...." Hey, Gran lived until she was 98, so I expect at least 94 from you! :) Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura, I kind of fell into your blog by accident. It has been bothering me all morning. I can tell a fighter when I come across one, and you are one of them. 84? I am hoping that you go a lot longer, and I will be praying for you.
    God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, you brought tears to this mother's eyes. I can't wait for you to be at your daughters' side when they are giving birth. It's definitely worth fighting for! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to second the other comments or third them... what???? Only 84????? But wait... What??? Only 94???? Come on, lets go to 120 !!!! Isn't that the amount of years God said we could live... of course, it would be more probable if we lived in a tropical rain forest and ate all fresh vegetables and fruits as people in live there really do see 120 but certainly 84 is a great age to get to! But okay, lets push it to 85. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the sweetest thing I have ever read Laura! 84 it is! Love and Prayers for you everyday - Tanya Leach

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are making me cry!!! That was the sweetest thing ever!

    I like your melancholy posts - it's just like being in my own head.

    Love you! All done soon :).

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are such an inspiration! Please, keep sharing truth and the love you have for your precious Father and your family. Praying for you tonight!

    ReplyDelete