Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Two down, Ten to go!

Well, I have officially survived my second round of chemo infusions! Now, I am just dealing with the side effects for a few days and then I should be feeling good again until the next treatment in two weeks. Today they disconnected the pump and gave me an injection of Neulasta. I have been napping off and on all afternoon and evening.

I am thankful to be free from carrying the pump around, and thankful that I have only been slightly queasy.  I am thankful for sweet friends who have been bringing meals to us, running errands for me, and bringing supplies from Target and Kroger! You all are awesome and you'll never really know how much the small things mean to us, especially when we are unable or too tired to do them for ourselves.

The word of the day is "diarrhea"! This is a side-effect of one of my chemo drugs and it has been in full swing since Tuesday night. Please pray that I will be able to control this with medication. I can dehydrate quickly with the ileostomy. I am also sore to the touch around my ribs, my neck, shoulders, back, chest, and arms. This is a result of the Neulasta injections. The ache seems to be spreading. The doctor told me to expect to have this for about 48 hours and to take Motrin for the pain.

Hopefully, I will feel better by the weekend! Thank you for praying!

5 comments:

  1. Haven't written for some time but am always agreeing in prayer with and for you, dear sister in The Lord. Your Great High Priest Never sleeps or slumbers, but continues to be Touched with your infirmities. He loves you so and is Holding on to your precious hand. How wonder - full Of Him to let you experience His Presence. Blessed be The Name of The LORD! God Bless, Charity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you always! love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are much stronger than you think. You can beat this. You have the most devine power supporting you. Keep your chin up, this short trial will soon be over. Then you will be on to better things. We are always tested, and our ability to rise above is what makes us who we are.

    ReplyDelete