Sunday, March 7, 2010

I know

One of my favorite songs is "You Are For Me" by Kari Jobe. I'm pretty sure I've shared some of the lyrics of that song on this blog before. It is one of the songs that frequently plays in my head and heart, and it has helped carry me through the past nine months. 


This weekend it was one of the songs we sang at Community of Faith. One of our worship leaders, Robin, sang the song as we all shared communion together. Robin has a beautiful voice and it is easy to just sit back, close your eyes, and feel God's love wash over you as she sings the words of this song. 


But for me, I can't help but be on my feet belting out the words of this song with a huge smile on my face! Over and over in the song we sang out the words, "I know..." These words seem so simple, but after all I have experienced and faced since last May, they are the most incredible words to me. I know. I have learned so much about the character, goodness, faithfulness, strength, peace, and truth of my God that singing those words produces a wellspring of gratitude and joy in me that can't help but come out. 


I know GOD! I KNOW Him. Like I never have before. We have such an intimacy now that makes me want to know Him more. And it also makes me feel sorry for those who don't know Him. He IS life. No matter what happens as I travel this path through cancer and follow-up care, I am OK. I've seen God, I've experienced His Holiness. I know. And nothing can shake that.


I know. 


"Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my fortress where I will not be shaken." Psalm 62:5-6



3 comments:

  1. Laura, your post today touches me. It is amazing to see how God brings us so much closer through life's experiences. We learn so much as we walk through journeys that he puts us through. All is for His glory!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent words! Regardless of all else, I KNOW. I think its fair to say I don't always understand but I KNOW. If that makes any sense at all. I KNOW. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Laura,
    My husband and I visited yalls church for the first time 3 weeks ago. We currently are members of second baptist but enjoyed Marks message so much we have decided to attend Saturday night with COF too! We started watching the online archieves bcuz we were out of town the last week and that is how i found your blog and amazing fight against cancer! Thank you for blogging this journey, your faith is beautiful. The week before last I sent somthing home with Mark that looks like a wine bottle, but its only juice. It is designed to boost the immune system daily. There were a few instructions and I wanted to make sure you got them. This is helping thousands of cancer patients worldwide with treatment and recovery. Here is my email if you have any questions and please let me know when your out I will be happy to bring you more! We want to see you strong and healthy, this world needs more Godly women to continue to spread His hope as you have! We love you and will continue to Pray for you and Mark!
    Love your sister in Christ,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete