Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Confirmation!

I had an appointment with my oncologist on Monday (that still sounds weird, by the way, "my" oncologist... who would ever think they would have an oncologist??) I hadn't been to his office since June. It was so nice to see all the smiling faces and to receive hugs from everyone who works in his office.  Mark asked me how I felt going in there, and I told him that I was just happy to be there as a "well" person and not as a "sick" person. 


They weighed me, drew my blood, checked all my vital signs, and gave me a flu shot. The doctor did a thorough physical exam. And then he said to me, "Hit the road. I don't want to see you until December." 


That is the third confirmation in a matter of days that I am healthy, I am healed!  I feel such a profound joy, an indescribable lightness...


Later, when no one else was home, I went running, screaming, laughing, and dancing through the house! My God IS an awesome God!




"I will praise you, O LORD, among the nations; 
I will sing of you among the peoples. 
For great is your love, higher than the heavens; 
your faithfulness reaches to the skies. 
Be exalted, O God, above the heavens, 
and let your glory be over all the earth." 
Psalm 108:5



1 comment: