Monday, September 6, 2010

Anticipation...

I have been drinking clear liquids today, getting ready for tomorrow's colonoscopy. The day brings with it lots of memories. Memories of that first colonoscopy in May 2009. Memories of the shock and chaos that ensued. I pull out the pictures of the tumor and still find it hard to believe it was living inside of me and I was unaware. 


This colonoscopy will be the first one I've had since I was diagnosed with cancer. I am anxious to hear the doctor's report. Looking forward to hearing that the surgery site looks great; there are no polyps, no tumors, no inflamed lymph nodes; and that my colon is completely healthy. 


I'm off to start drinking "Half-Lytely" and making runs to the bathroom! Yuck! I've already tried to convince Mark that this is the last colonoscopy I will ever need... he isn't going for it!  


We will leave the house at 7:00 a.m. in the morning for a 9:00 a.m. colonoscopy. My sweet friend, Teri, will have hers done at 10:00 a.m. I'll let you know how it goes...


"There is no God like you in Heaven above or on earth below - 
You who keep your covenant of love with your servants who continue whole heartedly in your way." 
1 Kings 8:23



1 comment:

  1. Praying all goes well and would love to do the "happy dance" to celebrate today. Looking forward to reading a GREAT update!

    ReplyDelete