Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Twisted Thoughts

Overcoming a life-threatening illness that has the potential to return, kind of twists your thinking... at least it has mine. Here is how some of my thoughts go:


"This cancer has the potential to return.
If it returns it will be in my liver or my lungs.
If it returns it will be worse.
I will be more sick.
I will lose more weight.
So...
I better hang onto the weight I have.
Maybe I should gain a little extra.
Just in case..."


Then one day I wake up and none of my clothes fit. They are too tight. I have gained back all the weight I lost during treatment, plus some. I share this with Mark, who says to me, "It might be time to quit the 'support package.'"  


I laugh so hard at his comment, and I laugh at myself, at my silly thoughts. I guess it IS time to do away with the "support package" and get back on the treadmill!

1 comment:

  1. :-) I have seen that happen with my own eyes... a cancer survivor who gains back their weight plus 100 lbs more... truly seen it... she said that thin means sick and so she is making sure she is never thin and then some. :)

    ReplyDelete