Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dear COF

Dear Community of Faith,


I want you to know how very special each of you are to me. I feel so blessed to call you my friends, and to call COF my home.  It is such an amazing privilege to be a part of what God is doing here!


Thank you for standing with me over the past year. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we muddled our way through while hanging on for dear life! Thank you for persevering in prayer. Thank you for believing God for miracles and trusting in His goodness even when we were too weary to do so. Thank you for your hugs and your encouraging words. Thank you for sharing your strength with me. Thank you for telling me how good I looked as my hair was falling out and my belly was swelling. Thank you for letting me wear slippers to church, and letting me put my feet up on the chairs. Thank you for not laughing when I wore gloves inside. Thank you for laughing with me and crying with me. Thank you for celebrating God's victory with me! Thank you for "doing life together" with me! Thank you for truly being my family - for being my brothers and sisters. 


I have been blessed "exceeding abundantly beyond" all I could ask or think.


I love you all.
Laura


"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen" Ephesians 3:20-21

2 comments:

  1. Laura, thank you for sharing your journey with us, the good times and bad. Thank you for encouraging US when it was YOU walking the hard road and fighting the battle. Thank you for the example that you set by trusting God and urging us to do the same. You have inspired many people that you don't even know about. It's good to see you smiling again. You are an inspiration to us all and we will continue to pray for you and Mark and your family as well as the COF staff. Thank you to all of you for everything that you do. We are blessed to have you all in our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have all been blessed by your willingness to share your journey with us!
    We love you greatly and will continue to lift you up, along with the staff of COF.

    ReplyDelete