Sunday, March 6, 2011

For Jaydee

The other day I went back to read some of my old blog posts and the comments I received. Once again, I found myself crying, overwhelmed by the deep love and encouragement that was expressed to me over all the months of my cancer treatment.  I am so grateful to each one who took the time to check on me, to pray for me, and to offer words of hope to me. I know that I would have never survived without you! 


A few months ago I met a new friend through my blog.  Jaydee contacted me after she was diagnosed with stage 3 rectal cancer. She is following in my footsteps a few months behind me in her journey. We have become friends, and I am honored to be one who can encourage and support her as she fights this common enemy. Tomorrow morning Jaydee will begin the first of eight IV chemotherapy treatments. She will be receiving all the same drugs that I received, and will most likely experience many of the same side effects that I experienced. It is my prayer that her treatment will have the same results as well - No evidence of disease!! 


Will you please join me in praying Jaydee through these next few months of treatment? Please pray for courage, strength, endurance, and peace. Please pray for minimal side effects. Please pray for no complications from treatment. Please pray for her husband and children as they continue to walk this path alongside her. And, or course, please pray for the complete destruction of any remaining cancer cells in her body. 


If you would like to encourage Jaydee, like you did me, you can visit her CaringBridge site at http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaydeebegg


Jaydee, today at Community of Faith we sang a new song by Chris Tomlin (written by Louie Giglio, Matt Maher, and Chris Tomlin) from his new album, "And If Our God is For Us".  As I sang, I prayed for you. I hope these lyrics help bring peace and hope to you. 

 by Chris Tomlin

Be still, there is a healer
His love is deeper than the sea
His mercy, it is unfailing
His arms are a fortress for the weak

Let faith arise, Let faith arise
Open my eyes, Open my eyes

I lift my hands to believe again
You are my refuge, You are my strength
As I pour out my heart, these things I remember
You are faithful, God forever

Be still, there is a river
That flows from Calvary's tree
A fountain for the thirsty
Pure grace that washes over me

So let faith arise, Let faith arise
Open my eyes, Open my eyes


I lift my hands to believe again
You are my refuge, You are my strength
As I pour out my heart, these things I remember
You are faithful, God 
You are faithful, God, forever


I am praying for you, and I know my sweet friends are praying for you too. Let His grace wash over you. He is faithful!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this just made me cry. Reminded me of the days of your journey. Just signed in and left her a message. Praying for Jaydee! Love you!

    ReplyDelete